Every day, government agencies and large corporations spend billions on goods and services from small businesses. The Rutgers Newark SBDC wants to ensure that businesses owned by minorities, veterans and women are at the forefront of success. This workshop will help you to position your businesses so that you can compete for business opportunities with the City, State and Private Sector companies.
This workshop will educate prospective New Jersey applicants on how to submit a successful Registration or Certification Application (WBE/MBE/SBE/VOB) with the state of New Jersey. The training will provide helpful tips and information to complete a winning application.
- Learn how to submit a successful Registration or Certification Application (WBE/MBE/SBE/VOB) with the State of New Jersey.
- New! Learn how to use the New Jersey’s Business Enterprise Program Uniform Certification Service to apply for and maintain your Certifications.
- Review the eligibility criteria to apply for SBE, MBE, WBE, VOB and DVOB certifications.
- Documentation needed to apply for these certifications.
- Learn how to write your resume to reflect your work experience in your business’ niche market.
- Learn where to find contracts/opportunities and how to leverage these certifications.
- Learn how to get listed in the NJSAVI database and make it easier for your company to be found when large companies and corporations are seeking businesses to award contracting opportunities.
Rock-Bailey Enterprises Inc
Jinni Rock-Bailey is the President of Rock-Bailey Enterprises, Inc. a human resources consulting firm. She is considered a best practices guru in the fields of Human Resources, small business consulting and management training. She has created a successful practice through her ability to teach by sharing.
Certification Auditor at State of New Jersey
John Cronin is a Certification Auditor with The State of New Jersey Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services. His job is to review and approve State of New Jersey certification applications for women and minority businesses. (MBE; WBE: MWBE). He also reviews and approves New Jersey Small Business Vendor Registration applications (SBE), Veteran Owned Business (VOB), and Service Related Veteran Owned Business (DVOB)